Sunday, October 03, 2010

Bluetooth not working on windows 7

This seems to be a common problem, so no need to be frighten c o s it`s not peculiar to you. My Compaq mini was pre -installed with windows x p home edition. In a bid to enjoy Microsoft’s “new” operating system; windows 7, I installed one I got from a friend. Though it gave me a 3-day activation period but I was able to remove the activation with (WAT) -windows activation

Unfortunate, My Bluetooth device was not detected nor installed. I installed the Broadcom Bluetooth Software; it could not detect my Bluetooth device

After a lot of search, I found the solution.

Solution

Ø Install Atheros wireless LAN driver (I don’t know how it is related to Bluetooth device but it worked. This enables the Bluetooth device to be detected.

Ø Install the Bluetooth software and restart windows.

ØIf all things go well, your Bluetooth device should be installed and working.

No comments: